Retail Sales Associate
Posted Apr 10, 2019
Moab Gear Trader is looking for outdoor enthusiasts with a desire to share their passion for being outdoors and their knowledge of the gear that makes it possible. We offer a flexible schedule that will keep you playing outside and doing what you love.
The Retail Sales candidate will create a complete shopping experience for our diverse customer base. The Retail Sales candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to providing: superb customer service with an emphasis on sales, backstocking, and merchandising, product training and clinics, store maintenance and cleaning, store events and volunteer opportunities, and proper incoming consignment training and receiving.
- Retail Sales Associate
- Full time (30-40) with experience with either retail or outdoor gear, or even better, both!
- Store manager
- Also looking for a store manager with specific experience in mom and pop outdoor retail and/or consignment.
The Nitty Gritty - Job Description
- Greet every customer quickly and politely as they walk in and when they depart
- Walk customers to desired departments while asking open ended questions and creating conversations
- Inform customers about the products to the best of your knowledge or seek answers from the tools Moab Gear Trader provides
- Maintain an upbeat and courteous attitude at all times with both customers and peers
- Assist customers with local information that is relevant to the outdoor recreation in Moab and further creates long lasting relationships
- Live the Moab Gear Trader mission statement at all times
- Maintain the above skills with all phone inquiries
Merchandising and Store Maintenance:
- Steam, hang, photo, and stock all apparel and hardgoods
- Stock and back stock current and incoming inventory
- Assist with managing clean and well maintained backstock areas
- Keep employee break room and restroom clean
- Properly execute incoming consignment gear to 100% accuracy
- Build displays and merchandise
- Clean restrooms, sweep, mop, and dust store daily
- Clock in on time and ready to work
- Learn and demonstrate loss prevention practices; learn what to do if shoplifting occurs
- Learn Point of Sale computer program and maintain accurate cash and credit card handling
- Understand how to take phone orders accurately
- Keep your availability up to date in wheniwork.com
- Ability to carry 50 lbs
- Ability to climb ladders and step stools
- Ability to stand/walk on your feet for 8+ hours at a time
- Ability to walk up and down stairs all day
- Occasional, but mandatory store meetings (can be as early as 7am)
- Occasional, but mandatory product clinics (can be as early as 7am)
- Expertvoice.com training or online training during off season
- Manager and peer clinics and training
Minimum Job Requirements
- Experience with either retail or outdoor gear and clothing, or both!
- Work near customers from around the world
- Follow all COVID-19 protocols on and OFF duty to protect the health of our customers and coworkers
- Ability to work full time through Thanksgiving. Ideally longer.
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Passion to outfit customers
- Previous retail sales or outdoor oriented position
- Previous cash handling and POS experience a plus
- Familiarity with Windows based computers and databases
- Self motivated and work efficiently whether supervised or not
- Detail oriented and a desire to achieve 100% accuracy on tasks
- Ability to take feedback easily
- Ability to work mornings, nights, and weekends
Moab Gear Trader is open 7 days a week from 9am-8pm (can be later seasonally) 365 days a year.
- Flexible scheduling and time-off
- Industry discounts and pro-deals
- Upbeat work/family atmosphere
- Positive and drama free environment
- Room to grow and acquire new responsibilities
- Competitive Pay