Sales & Hospitality Manager
Posted Mar 6, 2019
At Farm Collective, we are a group of passionate wine lovers on a mission to push the envelope and deliver world-class wines to our beloved customers. Our network of family wineries includes T-Vine Winery, James Cole Winery and Tank Garage Winery.
The Sales & Hospitality Manager is responsible for leading a team of Tasting Room Associates to ensure sales growth while providing our customers with unforgettable tasting experiences. This is not a top-down management position that will be secluded in a back office. Instead, the Sales & Hospitality Manager will be expected to work hands-on, side-by-side with our Tasting Room Associates, leading by example and elevating each Associate’s level of service and sales via their coaching and expertise.
This position will primarily work at Tank Garage Winery but will sometimes be assigned to T-Vine Winery. This is a full-time position which is eligible for company benefits including health insurance, paid time off and company IRA match.
- Work with a team of Hospitality Managers in the day-to-day operations and managing of the tasting room.
- Assist in all hospitality duties, including tastings, appointments and hosting events.
- Maintain/increase sales of wine, wine club, tasting room food and wine related retail products. Inspires team to meet or exceed monthly and quarterly sales goals.
- Ensure the experience customers have at Tank Garage and T-Vine Wineries is memorable and regularly exceeds expectations. Responsible for all customer service issues while active manager.
- Coach, mentor and oversee the day-to-day performance of the tasting room staff.
- Solve, remedy and proactively address customer challenges or requests.
- Perform hands on duties, including direct contact with customers and covering shifts when needed.
- Assist in building strong relationships in the community.
- Maintain a safe, clean, attractive and well run tasting room.
- Inspire an environment that fosters teamwork and ensures positive staff morale.
- Assist in planning, coordination & execution of hospitality events for private/public functions.
- Assist in taking inventories of wine & merchandise.
- Attend and assist in running regular Sales and Hospitality Meetings
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- 3-5 years of wine sales, retail sales and or hospitality experience.
- Experience managing inventory systems with accuracy.
- Experience with wine or restaurant POS systems.
- Customer service training, whether formal or informal, sufficient to be able to resolve difficult situations with ease and to cross-sell or upsell effectively.
- Ability to train others to exceptionally high standards.
- Ability to effectively manage others to include training, and sales performance management.
- You must be driven. Driven to sell, grow and improve.
- Strong computer skills.
- Demonstrate consistent professionalism and responsibility while having fun.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The wineries are open from 10AM-6PM and scheduled hours will vary from 8:30AM-7:00PM and always include weekends and some holidays.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs (case of wine).
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Works at Tank Garage Winery and T-Vine Winery in Calistoga.
- Please submit your resume/CV as well as a cover letter telling us why you are psyched about this opportunity and would be an awesome addition to our team.
- Applicants must be willing to consent to a background check.