Posted Mar 25, 2019
Prepare and cook food with a set menu and occasional specials. Duties of the cooks are limited to preparation of menu items and normally involve operating large-volume single-purpose cooking equipment.
Essential functions of the job:
- Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils.
- Cook and package batches of food, such as hamburgers and fried chicken, which are prepared to order.
- Cook the exact number of items ordered by each customer, working on several different orders simultaneously.
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
- Measure and mix ingredients required for specific fooditems being prepared.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, or griddles.
- Prepare and serve beverages such as coffee and fountain drinks.
- Prepare specialty foods such as pizzas, sliders, and wraps, following specific methods that usually require short preparation time.
- Read food order slips or receive verbal instructions as to food required by patron, and prepare and cook food according to instructions.
- Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
- Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking.
- Clean, stock, and restock workstations and display cases.
- Order and take delivery of supplies.
- Schedule activities and equipment use with managers, using information about daily menus to help coordinate cooking times.
- Serve orders to customers at windows, counters, or tables.
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
· Knowledge of techniques and equipment for cooking and food consumption, including storage/handling techniques.
· The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without 'giving out' or fatiguing.
· Excellent customer service.
· Ability to adhere to values of Grand Avenue Theater’s clean, courteous, and classy atmosphere.
· Ability to work within a team.