THIS IS A PART-TIME POSITION, generally between 30 - 37 hours per week
Duties: Responsible for providing great customer service and general administrative functions, including, but not limited to general customer service, sorting, stocking, and preparing packages for shipping. The successful incumbent in this position must have a great customer service attitude, be able to pay attention to detail and assist the public.
QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge of alphabetic and numeric filing, indexing, and cross-referencing methods. Ability to make simple arithmetical calculations. Knowledge of office work procedures and practices, including the operation of commonly used office machines. Must be able to use a computer proficiently. Must be able to type with minimum errors. Must possess good oral and written communication skills. Must be able to correspond, in person or by phone with the public.
REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma or GED required. Prior customer service experience. Must be able to pass pre-employment background investigation successfully.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are primarily sedentary and may require long periods of standing, sitting, bending, squatting, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations.
Job Type: Part-time
Experience: • Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
Education: • High school or equivalent (Required)
Work authorization: • United States (Required) Shifts: • Morning (Required) • Mid-Day (Required) • Evening (Required) Work Location: • One location Working days: • Monday • Tuesday • Wednesday • Thursday • Friday • Saturday Occasional Overtime Required
Palm Springs, CA
Store Assistant Manager
Palm Springs, California
- Employment: Part Time, generally 30-35 hours per week
- Must be available for opening shifts and/or closing shifts
- Job Category: Management
- Location: Palm Springs, California
- Must posses Certified Notary Public credentials
About Postal Palm Springs
For over 22 years Postal Palm Springs team members have brought an innate passion for an outstanding customer experience. Taking your knowledge and confidence to the next level makes all the difference. Apply today to join our smile zone with your positive attitude and energetic nature at our retail customer service location. Enjoy a collaborative work environment dedicated to making an enjoyable difference to your customers every day.
Why Join Our Team
- Variety! Connect with our diverse and valued customers to provide custom solutions.
- Be creative! Collaborate with customers to build solution based complex projects.
- 0 to 60 mph! Fast-paced and exciting environment.
- Professionalism! Expand your skills and add value to your talents.
- Opportunities! At Postal Palm Springs it is not just a stable job, but the opportunity to build a career with opportunity for learning and growth.
- Flexible schedules available!
At Postal Palm Springs, we create options for our customers to ship what, when and where they want, with confidence. Postal Palm Springs is an equal opportunity employer.
General Duties & Responsibilities
The following list are general duties but may not include every task you may be asked to perform
Create a consistent and positive customer experience. Assists in the supervision and oversight of all team members and business operations, monitor and facilitate all production and retail processes, pick-up and delivery, shipping and quality control processes. Manage store in the absence of the store manager. The store assistant manager is required to perform all functions normally performed by the team member
- Demonstrates consultative behaviors to ensure friendly, polite, expert service is delivered to all customers
- Evaluates the efficiency and productivity of team members in creating positive customer experiences
- If necessary, resolves customer disputes and complaints to ensure timely resolution and customer satisfaction
- Creates a customer focused environment in all areas of the store (production, retail, self-service, and shipping) and monitors the store ensuring a clean and professional environment
- Establishes and manages a process for customer flow in the store to improve service experience ensuring customers’ needs are met quickly and quality products are delivered
- Provides training and development of team members on assigned shifts by monitoring goals and providing feedback
- Interviews job applicants, complies with all company hiring policies and assists store manager with the hiring of team members
- Coaches, counsels and provides feedback to team members on their performance and to ensure adherence to company policies and standards
- Maintains communication with the Store Lead Consultant and/or production team to ensure deadlines are met and quality checks are being performed
- Oversees shipping related services and activities
- Responsible for communication with the store manager and team members on daily/weekly/monthly goals, performance to plan, key performance metrics, customer issues and company initiatives
- Complies with and enforces established policies and procedures and maintains an environment of controls
- Assists store manager in review and transmission of payroll and daily close out of POS
- Performs all other administrative duties as needed or requested including without limitation scheduling, payroll management, training compliance, daily close-out of POS, bidding, ordering and receiving supplies and inventory controls
- Notarize Documents, some of those documents may include, but are not limited to, Loans, Contracts, Escrow, Titles, Deeds, Real Estate, Affidavits, Trusts, Warranties, Real Estate, Mortgage, etc.
- All other duties as needed or required
- Provide outstanding customer service experience by using consultative skills to anticipate customer needs, suggest alternatives, and find solutions to meet customer needs
- Resolve all customer inquiries quickly and to their satisfaction
- Take complex customer orders using order systems and provides accurate pricing information
- Assemble parcels and prepares goods for shipping by wrapping items in insulation, inserting items into shipping containers, weighing packages, and affixing labels to parcels
- Stays current on retail Store merchandising materials and ensures proper display of all retail area product and signage
- Assist customers with research of missing packages or customer claims
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Be professional
- Pay attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum 1-year prior customer service experience working in retail
- Must pass pre-employment background verification and drug screening within 2 days of employment offer
- Knowledge of alphabetic and numeric filing, indexing, and cross-referencing methods
- Ability to make simple arithmetical calculations
- Knowledge of office work procedures and practices, including the operation of commonly used office machines
- Must be able to use a computer and MS Office proficiently
- Must be able to type with minimum errors
- Possesses strong organizational, time management and clerical skills to ensure each mail piece and package are quickly delivered to the correct customer box
- Able to multitask while being conscious of deadlines
- New hires must meet all Postal Palm Springs’ employment requirements.
- Current Postal Palm Springs team members must meet hiring criteria for the position.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Ensure confidentiality of customer data and careful handling of documents, media, and packages
- Take preemptive action to prevent errors and waste
- Maintain a safe, clean and orderly environment
- Follow standard operating procedures while adhering to legal, HR, safety , customer service and security policies and procedures
- Looks for growth opportunities to improve knowledge and skills
- Operate with minimal supervision
- Adheres to all company standards as outlined in the team member handbook
- All other duties as needed or required
- Work quickly and be a team player, speedy delivery of mail to the correct customer box is a critical function in this role
- Be able to multitask and prioritize each task
- Time management skills and the ability to work independently are essential to this role
- Maintain a good relationship with courier agencies to ensure that they are readily available when the need for their services arises
- Ability to stand during entire shift, excluding meal and rest periods
- Ability to move and lift 55 pounds
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to bend/twist at the waist and knees
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability to listen attentively to understand instructions given to avoid mistakes while sending or disseminating mail
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work with minimal supervision
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support our retail services
At Postal Palm Springs, we are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
All offers of employment made are contingent upon the successful completion of background verification and a pre-employment drug screen. Candidates will have two days, from the date of the offer, to successfully pass the drug screening.
Palm Springs, CA