MRI Technologist - Appleton, WI (Full-Time)
Posted Jan 21, 2019
Smart Choice MRI was built around the idea of transparency and affordability in health care without sacrificing an exceptional experience. Today, with so many people on high deductible healthcare plans, receiving high-quality yet affordable care has become an increased focus. The mission for Smart Choice MRI is simple – reach as many patients as possible with the highest quality service at an affordable price. In fact, Smart Choice MRI is the first company to offer high quality MRIs to every patient with a superior experience and at an affordable fee.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Performs MRI imaging procedures on appropriate anatomical regions in accordance with accepted standards of practice and protocols of the individual Radiologist.
- Reviews the Patient Screening form and explains the procedure to the patient.
- Responsible for interpreting and reading Physician orders.
- Maintains patient care, comfort and safety during the exam.
- Maintains technical competency through continued education.
- Under the guidance and approval of the Radiologist, administers contrast agents according to policy.
- Cooperates with facility personnel and complies with facility policy and procedures.
- Prepares the CD with images for the patient to take when they leave.
- Performs equipment quality checks and troubleshoots problems.
- Follows quality assurance guidelines and maintains patient confidentiality.
- Works with the Receptionist to receive and mail out CD requests.
- Scanning and sending out MRI Reports as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1 year or more of relevant experience preferred
- Completed Certification with American Registry of Radiologists (ARRT) in MR
- Graduate of an approved two-year Radiology Technology Program
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as the opportunity to join a fast-paced and growing organization. The individual should have a passion for the Smart Choice MRI mission and the desire to be a part of a fast moving, exciting company
Job Type: Full-time
$35+/ hour, health, vision and dental insurance and 401k with company match.